Playing in the Dirt
As previously mentioned, the LSS has been hosting a team of archaeologists for the past several weeks. The digging has moved from the SE interior hallway (between the Beit Midrash and the mikvaot) to the SE exterior corner. Although no small artifacts have been found up to this point, the archaeologists have uncovered a substantial portion of the east wall of the building that stood on the property before the LSS was expanded in 1860. The surrounding area is much less disturbed than was the area inside, so we have a much better chance of finding something interesting.