As Above, So Below: Astrology in Jewish Cultural History
Recorded on March 18, 2021
You can explore more from Lorelai here:
- Follow “Astrolojew” on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/astrolojew
- Follow Lorelai Kude on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/lorelai.kude/
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a personalized Jewish astrological natal chart reading.
- Review the 12-part video series on the 12 Zodiac Signs / Hebrew Months / 12 Tribes / Planetary Rulers on Lorelai Kude’s YouTube channel at https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL2Gm3v2sqR0N0cyigBHmBpGtF56Opv_KG
- Subscribe to the Astrolojew podcast: https://anchor.fm/lorelai-kude
Join Jewish astrologer, writer and scholar Lorelai Kude presents the zodiac in Jewish cultural imagination. Explore the Jewish history of the stars through their many appearances in Jewish texts, from the story of creation to Talmudic literature to medieval scientific writings and beyond.
[closed captioning will be available during this live stream event]
About Our Speaker:
Lorelai Kude received her Master’s Degree in Jewish Studies from Berkeley’s Graduate Theological Union, where her thesis “Yesh Mazal l’Yisrael: Astrology in Jewish Cultural Heritage” laid the academic foundation for her upcoming popular book, Astrolojew: The Big Book of Jewish Astrology.
A practicing, professional astrologer for 30+ years, Lorelai writes a syndicated Jewish astrology column (“Astrolojew”) for the Jerusalem Post, J the Jewish News of Northern California, The Detroit Jewish News, and Alliance, France’s biggest online Jewish publication. Along with maintaining and growing her private astrological consulting practice, Lorelai also teaches classes, publishes a podcast on Jewish astrology, and is the Executive Director of The Aquarian Minyan and “Mother” of the Aquarian Minyan Yeshiva. Her Jewish astrology website is http://www.astrolojew.com.
This live stream Zoom event is presented in relation to the special exhibit Jews in Space: Members of the Tribe in Orbit, on view September 13, 2020 through April 11, 2021.