Hanukkah Story Series
Celebrate the Jewish holiday of Hannukah virtually with the Jewish Museum of Maryland, the Center for Jewish Education, PJ Library, the JCC, and other community partners.
Come together each night and listen to stories read by local families, enjoy interactive holiday crafts, and light the menorah candles. A special Hanukkah-related theme will inspire each night’s activities.
This program series is FREE and best suited for children age 10 and under.
- Thursday, December 10th at 5 pm
- Join the CJE Library, Sonia Kozlovsky and her grandchildren for The Magic Dreidels.
- Friday, December 11th at 4pm
- Join PJ Library and Molly Harburger for a special Shabbat-themed night of Hanukkah, including Melly’s Menorah, a game of Kahoot, kiddush, and candle-lighting.
- Saturday, December 12th at 6pm
- Join the CJE Library and Miriam Glazer for a night of Havdalah and Hanukkah Music.
- Sunday, December 13th at 5pm
- Join JMM and Octavia Shulman for a night about the history of Hanukkah, including Maccabee: The Story of Hanukkah and a shield-making craft.
- Monday, December 14th at 5 pm
- Join the JCC, Megan Beller and her family for a Hanukkah night about courage, including Herschel and the Hanukkah Goblins.
- Tuesday, December 15th at 5 pm
- Join the CJE Library, JMM, and the Tenenholz family for a night dedicated to the Lights of Hanukkah, including Nathan Blows Out the Hanukkah Candle.
- Wednesday, December 16th at 5 pm
- Join the JCC and the Schwartz family for Hanukkah Cookies with Sprinkles, and a cookie-decorating activitiy.
- Thursday, December 17th at 5 pm
- Join the CJE Library and Lisa Bloch for a night of Hanukkah games and the story Hanukkah Bear!