Virtual Opening: in the absence of a proper mourning
Resources shared during the program:
- You can learn more about Dwelling in a Time of Plagues here.
- You can learn more about LABA: A Laboratory for Jewish Culture here.
- You can read “The Importance of Witnesses in Times of Grief” by Rebecca Soffer here.
- You can read more about Hinenu here.
- You can read more about Lori Sen and her work here.
If you are grieving a lost loved one and are looking for support we encourage you to use these resources –
- Mental Health Resource Links (General)
- Suicide Prevention & Awareness Resource Links
- Mental and Behavioral Health/COVID Resource Links
- Caregivers and Family/COVID Resource Links
Join us virtually at JMM as we officially open our latest project, in the absence of a proper mourning. This installation asks us to confront numerous difficult questions related to our connections to one another and transforms the Jewish Museum of Maryland’s public-facing facade into a site for collective mourning and communal care.
In this event we will hear from the artist, Tal Beery, on his inspiration and process in creating the piece. The event will offer a unique opportunity to hear the voices of all participants of the project.